Beam Balm sunscreen is a physical sunscreen, so make sure you reach every nook and cranny when applying it! But Beam Balm is very different from the usual mineral sunscreens – cutting-edge technology has made it possible to modify the ingredients, so that our balm is easily absorbed.
Did you know?
- When a molecule of a chemical sunscreen absorbs UV rays, it becomes energized. Eventually, it releases the absorbed energy by generating heat reacting with other molecules inside your bloodstream.
- An study found chemical UV filters in 85% of tested women´s breast milk – Oxybenzone and four other chemical sunscreen filters were found in the breast milk, indicating that the developing fetus and newborns are exposed to these substances! (Schlumpf 2008, Schlumpf 2010).
- One of the largest issues threatening our ocean´s health today are the chemical sunscreen filters that pollute seas and kill the coral reefs.
- Hawaii took action on the issue, passing a bill that make it the first US state to ban chemical sunscreens (with Oxybenzone and Octinoxate) that are harmful to coral reefs.
- Beam Balm sunscreen is safe for you, your child and our oceans.
ECOCERT – COSMOS Natural
Natural Cosmetic certified by Ecocert Greenlife according to the Ecocert standard available at www.cosmetics.ecocert.com
It is a principle for iLoveEcoEssentials to always choose the most sustainable solution, and not compromise – even though this stance forces us to exclude certain options, it opens just as many new doors of opportunities, and inspires us to think creatively. It is also extremely important to us to keep our work as transparent as possible, in terms of both production and processes, enabling the consumer to feel sure that they are not being misled – there is a lot of greenwashing going on in many industries, unfortunately.
In terms of iLoveEcoEssentials, our principles have now led to an ECOCERT certified product serie.
All bottles are manufactured in the UK. The bottles are made with collected consumer plastic that is recyclable.
It´s a jungle out there! …and we wanted to make sure that our products were the very best in every respect. That´s why we chose ECOCERT.
ECOCERT is the world´s leading certification organization, and supports and guides its members to make guaranteed trustworthy products.
ECOCERT sets the standard for natural and organic cosmetics worldwide, ensuring sustainability, environmentally friendly processes and products formulated without GMO, Parabens, Phenoxyethanol, Nanoparticles, Silicon, PEG, synthetic perfumes and dyes or animal-derived ingredients.
It offers the most natural seal of approval, and reassures even the most sustainability-conscious consumer.